SyncMaster 205BW / Intel i810 timing issued

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Sun Jun 17 08:23:37 PDT 2007

On 17 Jun 2007, at 16:00, Alex Deucher wrote:
> sounds like your monitor edid needs a quirk entry (perhaps all
> samsungs do).  See this thread:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-June/025218.html

Yup, looks like it. I'm not sure the patch proposed on that thread
properly encapsulates what needs to be done. Setting
DDC_QUIRK_DT_SYNC_HM_VP seems to force +H/+V across all modes. I
think that in this case +/+ would be better.

I'm also not sure that the reported polarities are wrong for /all/
modes; it may just be the 1680x1050 mode that misreports the required
polarities.

The monitor reports (via DDC) two 1680x1050 modes which are the same
apart from one being +H/-V and the other being -H/+V. For whatever
reason X seems to favour the wrong one. Interestingly Windows uses +H/
+V - which works find but isn't listed as an option by the monitor.

I'm not sure if the solution is to filter the mode that doesn't work
from the results or whether there's a nicer way to deal with it.

If someone can point me in approximately the right direction I'll
produce a patch.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net