R500 initial driver release announcement

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Jun 15 12:58:46 PDT 2007

Robert Y wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tested this on my x1900xtx the device id is 7249. It seems to
> work without any major graphical glitches or artifacts but only at 24
> bit depth. If I set it to 16 bit it shows a green screen then the system
> locks up. Also I have to unload the fglrx module otherwise the system
> will lock up when X starts.

I've been attempting to get it to work on my x1650 (pro). device id
71c6. I'm curious, I'm on F7, and so the fglrx driver won't get as far
as starting X. However do you run X with fglrx as the driver normally,
before using the avivo driver and unloading the kernel module? If I load
the kernel module and unload it then use the avivo driver it starts to
initialize X but then just 'hangs' in that I can't switch terminals,
move the mouse etc. ssh is still fine and I can ctrl-alt-del to a clean
reboot... Just wondering what situation you are using fglrx in.