Stuck trying to install Intel drivers from git sources

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:22:01 PDT 2007

Chris Pemberton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the guide located here:
>
> http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html
>
> I have a kernel under a week old, so I have a latest agpgart.
> I git the latest drm, mesa and 2D driver by:
>
> git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
> git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
> git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa

I managed to figure out to update my drivers via the git sources.

But, now I'm a little confused:

I have now tested UT with the following 3 drivers:

i810  1.7.4
intel 2.0.0
intel git (06/14/07)

My laptop display is 1280x800.

With i810, UT played fine, full screen or windowed.  When playing full
screen at say 640x480, the games window was simply centered on a black
background.

With intel 2.0.0, UT would only play full screen at 1280x800.  Any other
full screen resolution locked up the machine and needed a hard reboot.
Trying to start UT windowed always killed the machine as well.

With intel git, UT plays full screen and windowed.  Except this time, if
played full screen, at a resolution less than 1280x800, the lower
resolution graphics are stretched to cover the entire screen?

Is this scaling expected?  Or should I expect the black background?

Chris