intel driver will only compile with gcc

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Tue Jun 12 14:30:04 PDT 2007

> So far, the only person who has felt put out, has been the UnixWare
> maintainer (or whatever it's called this week).  And only after a few
I remember the days when the X community embraced diversity. I remember
the days when "open" meant more than just Linux (or Solaris, whose
owner helps pays the bills). I remember the days when it was possible to
make suggestions and have them refuted on good, solid technical grounds
rather than defensive grounds (neatness is not a technical reason, its
an aesthetic one). I remember the days when portability was king, because
X.org was a reference implementation, and it was important for as many
platforms to adopt it as possible, even if you didn't personally like
the platform, with the rationale being that more platforms meant more
code paths being exposed and an overall increase in stability.

How the mighty have fallen.