Does the intel-driver not accalerate bitmask blits?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:10:29 PDT 2007

Hi,

I tuned a java-benchmark to make better use of hardware-accaleration
(uses now bitmasks instead of argb images), and saw some improvement,
but not in the range I expected.

I used oprofile to see whats going on and got that:
85483    51.5340  libfb.so                 libfb.so                 (no symbols)
36338    21.9066  java                     (no symbols)
10595     6.3873  no-vmlinux               no-vmlinux               (no symbols)
10064     6.0671  Xorg                     Xorg                     (no symbols)

This profile shows that a lot of time is spent inside of libfb,
however I really wonder why so much time is spent there.
Does the intel driver simply not accalerate bitmasked blits?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens