intel i915 hardware limit @ 2048x2048 for DRI?

Remy Bosch remybosch at zonnet.nl
Tue Jun 12 03:39:29 PDT 2007

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 00:40 +0200, Remy Bosch wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is this a hardware maximum? Or could I solve it by assigning more memory?
>>

> It is a hardware maximum.

Would it be an idea to limit the 3D support to one screen at a time?
Alternating between the two screens, when required? It's a given that
there would be a penalty to pay, I know. But since in most cases only
one screen per action is used... Forgetting moving windows to the other
screen here ;-)
Only memory management could be a problem if you need to remember the
shapes. You'd need to move the data back and forth, which is time
consuming if not impossible.

Just shooting ideas here...

Remy