Different resolutions via CRT port

Emmanuel Lesouef elesouef+xorg at lorinand.org
Mon Jun 11 12:45:33 PDT 2007

Sounds great for me ! I'm ready to debug if necessary.

More infos :

The laptop will be a HP nc2400 with a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
on it.

I aim at installing Debian on it. Probably testing if the xorg version
requisite it.

Do you have some more information to give ? Example configurations ? Remarks
?

Thank you !

<Message original de Alex Deucher en date du dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 17:46>

> On 6/10/07, Emmanuel Lesouef <elesouef+xorg at lorinand.org> wrote:
> > I'm sorry to insist but the answer is very important for me.
> >
> > Someone to answer ? Please ?
>
> Yes.  however, depending on the graphics chip you have and the version
> of the xserver and driver you are running you may or may not have to
> restart the xserver to get the desired results.
>
> Alex
>

> > (sorry for the noise...)
> >
> > <Message original de Emmanuel Lesouef en date du samedi 09 juin 2007 à 23:55>
> >
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > Being new to this mailing-list, I hope my question is not a newbie one.
> > >
> > > I'm going to have a new laptop which has a 12.1" screen. It's able to handle
> > > 1280x800 resolution. Sounds great when using it on the road...
> > >
> > > But is it possible to have 1280x800 for the laptop screen and another
> > > resolution (1280x1024) via the CRT port when the laptop is docked at my
> > > office ?
> > >
> > > I hope I made me clear :)
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.

Emmanuel Lesouef