Preliminary OLPC xkb definitions

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jun 11 05:29:32 PDT 2007

Le Lun 11 juin 2007 12:36, Bernardo Innocenti a écrit :
> Hello Sergey,
>
> I'm submitting these miscellaneous changes to xkb related to
> the OLPC.

BTW I saw on some OLPC documents you were basing your fr layout on the
default fr map.

Please don't do that. There are several nicer alternatives in
xkeyboard-config (oss is one but I may be biaised). fr seems to have
been autogenerated at some time by shuffling us qwerty in azerty
without looking at third and fourth-level symbols, and as a result
important French symbols like «» are no longer next to one another.

(Since there is no official maintainer for default "fr", no one dares
fixing it, and changes go in alternative layouts)

I'll review and merge any fr(oss) change OLPC feels necessary if you
chose this layout.

--
Nicolas Mailhot