KeyPress/Release and modifiers

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Jun 10 03:40:30 PDT 2007

Hi,

Glynn Clements, le Sat 09 Jun 2007 17:19:51 +0100, a écrit :
> If you're interested in KeyRelease events, then you're probably
> viewing the keyboard as a collection of "push buttons". In that case,
> keycodes are a more appropriate identifier. A KeySym is a higher-level
> abstraction, which may result from multiple KeyPress events (due to
> dead keys, compose processing, etc). If you're working in terms of
> KeySyms, KeyRelease events aren't really meaningful.

What I'm implementing is a braille keyboard on a standard PC keyboard.

Thus, since it means pressing chords of keys, I'm interested in
KeyRelease events. However, I'd prefer letting the user choose which
keys should produce braille simply via the keycode/keysym conversion
(and on the long run provide an xkb option for this).

Samuel