Samsung 900NF DDC problem

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Jun 9 11:48:58 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 05:35 +0200, Vedran Rodic wrote:

> 2. Check if the data in EDID is sane, and use even and checksum isn't correct.

Yeah, some sanity check when the checksum is invalid seems like a better
plan than discarding the data entirely. Here are some suggested sanity
checks:

  + All modes are close to hsync/vrefresh limits
  + dot clocks are below max dot clock
  + sync values are close to vesa for same mode

I'm thinking that we might also consider discarding the sync polarity
data and using VESA specs for that, at least for smaller sizes. We've
got a quirk at present to force a certain polarity, but I'd rather have
the system work ootb with more monitors.

keith.packard at intel.com