Waiting for vertical refresh on Intel 965 and 945 chips in recent git

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Sat Jun 9 03:30:25 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 20:01 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 04:35:17PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > >
> > > How is "3D in use" defined?
> >
> > With current xserver master: One or more DRI windows is visible.
> >
> > With xserver 1.3 or older: One or more DRI windows exists.
> >
> > > MythTV uses DRM vertical blanking sync with Xv output; I wouldn't say it
> > > uses 3D by any stretch of the imagination.
> >
> > Doesn't it use GL for the menus? If so, the above conditions are
> > probably satisfied with direct rendering or AIGLX.
>
> Yes it does, although those won't be visible at the same time Myth wants
> to use DRI (and/or OpenGL) vblank sync. Is that a problem?

Could be, if it's using different windows for the menus and video
playback.

Anyway, as I pointed out in another thread, if you don't care for
disabling the vblank interrupts, just disable the xf86-video-intel code
that does it... Maybe this should be turned into an option (that
defaults to on with laptops and off otherwise?) until the proper DRM
solution is in place.