mouse moves one pixel, screen re-enabled

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Jun 8 17:21:24 PDT 2007

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:49:24 -0400 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
babbled:

time for a new mouse... :)

there isn't a way to ignore mouse events like this as best i know. basically
the hardware literally senses something it thinks it movement - it generates an
interrupt and sends that data via the driver to x - x thinks the mouse has
moved because it says it did. mice report movement in "clicks" so it "clicked
over" 1 pixel. there is no such thing as the mouse continually sending data and
x ignoring a lot of it because its "line noise" - not with standard mice anyway
last i looked.