glxcompmgr dead?

Daniel Kasak dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Tue Jun 5 13:10:04 PDT 2007

I take it glxcompmgr is no longer supposed to work? It compiles, but
when I start it ( with my session started with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
), I get:

glxcompmgr: pixmap 0x1000024 can't be bound to texture
glxcompmgr: Couldn't bind redirected window 0xa001d0 to texture
glxcompmgr: pixmap 0x1000026 can't be bound to texture
glxcompmgr: Couldn't bind redirected window 0xa00007 to texture
glxcompmgr: pixmap 0x1000028 can't be bound to texture
glxcompmgr: Couldn't bind redirected window 0xa00044 to texture
glxcompmgr: pixmap 0x100002a can't be bound to texture
glxcompmgr: Couldn't bind redirected window 0xa00027 to texture
glxcompmgr: pixmap 0x100002d can't be bound to texture
glxcompmgr: Couldn't bind redirected window 0xa0026c to texture

It would be great to be able to take advantage of AIGLX compositing
outside of beryl / compiz ...

Dan