Laptop and external monitor/projector setup?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 16:50:43 PDT 2007

On 04/06/07, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What I'd like to be able to achieve is having both displays connected
> > simultaneously, and both showing the full desktop at their correct
> > (but different) resolutions.
> >

> Sounds like a contradiction, how can you show the complete desktop at
> two resolutions?

Hm. I suppose it is. :)

> the desktop can only be at one resolution, if the outputs looking into
> it are different one of them needs to be clipped..

Yes, I see your point.

OK, a more modest "want": when the monitor is plugged in with a
resolution of 1280x1024, the laptop display at 1280x800 is clipped.
What I'd like is that the laptop display will "scroll down" when i
move the mouse off the bottom, like you get when you set Virtual xxxx
yyyy in the Device sub section. I have tried adding a Virtual
directive, but it seems to have no effect...