[compiz] status of input redirection

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Fri Jun 1 10:28:23 PDT 2007

On 5/31/07, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 08:53 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> > There where some patches to implement input redirection in xorg a while
> > ago...
> > what happend to them? are they still beeing worked on?
>
> The attached patches work well. The server patch needs some more work if
> we want to allow different pickers and I haven't had time to do that
> yet.

Can we merge the server patch as is and punt on the pluggable picker
idea for now?  I mean, can we do this in a way that lets the
interested parties add this support in a second step without breaking
backwards compatibility?  If that's doable, I don't think we need to
block on the pluggable picker idea now.

cheers,
Kristian