disabling vgaHW slow IO path

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:41:04 PDT 2007

Hi all,

While profiling my server startup yesterday I noticed the
xf86SlowBcopy was a considerable hit on the graph,

I really don't think this level of IO acess between bytes is necessary
on modern hardware but I don't want to break anything by accident,

I've attached two patches, one for the vgaHW module that adds another
entry point to disable the behaviour and one for the intel driver
which to disable it if it finds the vgaHW symbol..

I was tempted to just disable the ioport access on i386 as it is 2007
but maybe someone can point me at some hw that needs it..

Dave.