Intel 965GM issues

nikosapi nikosapi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:35:40 PDT 2007

Hello,

I just got a new laptop with an Intel 965GM video chipset. I seem to be having
a issues getting the resolution set up properly on my Fedora 7 installation.

It -seems- I have 2 screens on my one built-in monitor, the first is the TV
output (btw, my laptop doesn't even have a TV-out jack) and the other is my
1280x800 LVDS flat-panel that's built into the laptop.

In kde, "Display 1" is a 1024x768 monitor and "Display 2" is a 1280x800
monitor. Normally the default display is set to "Display 1" and it looks like
this: http://nikosapi.org/other-stuff/snapshot1.png
btw, In the pic I turned 'TV' off, the TV line in the terminal is normally:
TV  connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm

Here's my Xorg.0.log: http://nikosapi.org/other-stuff/Xorg.0.log.txt

I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to disable the TV output or would
it be possible to set the LVDS monitor as Screen 1?

please help,

nick