Re : [ANNOUNCE]XvMC for i915 enabled

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 24 15:00:51 PDT 2007

On 07/22/2007 10:59:20 PM, Xiang, Haihao wrote:
> Hi,
>
>          The basic XvMC for i915 works. It is based on XvMC spec1.0
> and
> it is "Motion Compensation" level. I have just done a push to
> xvmc-i915
> branch on xorg/intel git tree. If you are interested, you may pull and
> install the branch.
>

> Remarked know issue:
>
> 1.       don't support subpicture
>
> 2.       No optimize. (such as the Y/U/V surfaces are linear)

Just one thought: openchrome (the driver for epias and such) uses
xvmc-vld or something, which does most of the decoding by hardware
(only mpeg2, but I think it was planed to do also mpeg4). MythTV and
xine are able to use that already so perhaps it is a good idea to see
with those projects if you plan to expose more than simple MC.
HTH
Bye
Manu