Xorg Modular build on FreeBSD 7.0

Vincent Blondel vincent at xtra-net.org
Tue Jul 24 03:59:19 PDT 2007

On Tue, July 24, 2007 10:50, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Vincent Blondel wrote:

> It would be nice to change /bin/sh with /bin/bash. This would be clear
> for BSD people that maybe not know that /bin/sh is most of the time just a
>  symbolic link to /bin/bash on Linux systems. Furthermore, it is in this
> case incompatible with native /bin/sh on FreeBSD platforms but this is
> not my current problem and I give you this little warning just for info.

What errors did you receive when using FreeBSD's native /bin/sh ?

bash should not be required. If it is, then that is a bug. Please provide
details so this can be fixed.

The syntax 'if [ $var == "val" ]' is not so really appreciated by Bourne
Shell. If you look at both files http://jlang.dyndns.org/files/Xorg/sh and
http://jlang.dyndns.org/files/Xorg/bash, you will see the behaviour
differences between sh and bash.

Thanks