intel driver gets slow as soon as I rotate on a 1920x1200 display

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Jul 23 08:54:54 PDT 2007

On Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:24:07 pm Zhenyu Wang wrote:
> On 2007.07.21 22:51:56 +0000, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 01:29:45PM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> > > Oh, yeah, Jesse Barnes recently broke rotation when he added tiled
> > > front buffer support (which is needed for the frame buffer compression
> > > stuff).
> > >
> > > You should be able to disable tiling with:
> > >
> > >         Option      "Tiling" "No"
> > >
> > > in your "Device" section.
> >
> > In my case, Framebuffer compression forces tiling on. I had to use
> >
> > Option "FramebufferCompression" "false"
>
> I just commited a typo fix for this, but I haven't a 915/945 mobile by hand
> to test with fbc enabled. Could you test with latest git?

Thanks Zhenyu, I did a quick scan last Thu. and didn't see anything, this
should help.

And currently, on 965, I've marked tiling as unsupported, which means
framebuffer compression isn't enabled by default.  You can still force it on
using "Tiling" "true" and "FramebufferCompression" "true", but there are
known rendering bugs; hopefully I can fix those soon.

Thanks,
Jesse