No output from sDVO DVI

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 00:15:15 PDT 2007

> > I have an lcd connected to the VGA out on the motherboard and a CRT
> > using a dvi-vga adapter on the "primary" dvi out on the sdvo card.

wierd someone used a DVI-I connector on an SDVO card? or did you force
the adapter somehow onto a DVI-D connector..

> SDVO DVI cards are digital only, so a VGA adaptor won't work. You're
> gettin EDID because (I think) the digital and analog DDC wires are the
> same.
>
> I don't know if anyone makes VGA SDVO cards; I've never seen any,
> although the SDVO spec allows for them.

I used to have one, they are just an SDVO DAC chip wired to a VGA
connector, the same chip can also be used to drive tv-out which may
mean the naming for it is mildly incorrect..

Dave.