Intel and VNC module

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Jul 19 06:48:12 PDT 2007

Georges A.K. wrote:
> Hi,
> When using the i810 module, VNC access to the local display (using the
> vnc module) works well. However, when I switch to the intel module, I
> can still access the display, but it's garbled.

You mean the display in your vnc viewer?

> I checked the logs,
> there's nothing interesting there. I'm running openSUSE 10.2 and using
> the realVNC module. Does anyone have a clue ?

Have you tried other encodings besides tight?  That might give a clue.

You might want to check out the vnc.so module from the xf4vnc project
(http://xf4vnc.sourceforge.net/).  Long story, but it fixes a garbled
screen problem we found with some NVIDIA hardware.

-Brian