Re : SDVO/ADD2 TV out - yes or no?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jul 18 17:27:44 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 20:12 -0400, manu wrote:

> Do you mean that eg gm965 motherboards that have no DVI will not be
> able to drive correctly ADD2 (or ADD2+ I do not remember)?

Yes, all DVI connections from a GM965 chipset are connected via
ADD2/SDVO, there isn't any other way. The BTX motherboards have the
ADD2/SDVO chips on-board, ATX don't come with on-board DVI, so you plug
one into the PCI-E x16 slot

> I mean is getting DVI out from gm965 a problem if you want to drive
> your HD[-ready] lcd?

Nope, just get an ADD2-N DVI out card for your ATX motherboard and plug
it in.

keith.packard at intel.com