Intel driver - does it support GMA 3100?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jul 18 15:11:54 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 11:08 +0100, Barry Scott wrote:

> Is this supported by the Intel driver at the moment?

Yes, if we ship it, it's supported.

> I'd also like to know how the GMA X3100 compares to the GMA 3100.
> Is there an Intel resource that shows this information?

They're rather different from a 3D perspective. The GMA X3100 is a
mobile chip based on the Gen4 graphics engine (code name Crestline). The
GMA 3100 is a desktop chip based on the Gen3.5 graphics engine (code
name Bearlake).

The Gen4 engine has support for GLSL for both fragment and vertex
programs under development right now, while the Gen3.5 engine supports
only the older ARB fragment programs.

Check out:

http://download.intel.com/products/graphics/intel_graphics_guide.pdf

keith.packard at intel.com