Xorg input thread (2)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jul 17 22:22:45 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 22:15 -0300, Tiago Vignatti wrote:

> Well, my attempt to do this
> statically failed.

Hmm. Last time I did this, it didn't seem *that* hard; tracing the code
from the mouse device input function through the event queuing code and
off to the cursor update functions. The thing is, getting it 'wrong'
only means paging occasionally, which isn't fatal, and can easily be
fixed after the fact.

In particular, the code shouldn't be calling *any* libc functions, or
things like xalloc/xfree as those are not re-entrant from even a signal
handler. If you're tracing a path like that, we've already lost as you
can't use the non-threaded C library if that's happening.

keith.packard at intel.com