SDVO/ADD2 TV out - yes or no?

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Jul 17 01:32:59 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 08:03 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> SDVO TV out cards aren't supported yet;

Keith, or any other person willing to help,

I may be a bit confused. I do not remember if this statement is generic
to all revisions of the Intel driver, or only to one of them...

I have an Intel DG965WH motherboard, G965 chipset with the GMA X3000
video. I have added a PixelView ADD2II card for PCI Express with HMDI,
Components, S-video & RCA outputs, using a Chrontel CH7215 Chip.

The system is installed with Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty Fawn", 64-bit version.

    * Kernel 2.6.20 (Ubuntu's 2.6.20-15-generic build)
    * X Window System Version 7.2.0

I have a choice between 4 driver options:
     1. stock i810 v1.7.4
     2. stock intel v1.9.94
     3. get the intel driver and associated bits from git
     4. none of the above

Which could make use of my SDVO/ADD2 card's outputs, if any?

Thanks very much.

Nico