[avivo] Error reading EDID

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:32:32 PDT 2007

On 7/16/07, Nicolas Trangez <eikke at eikke.com> wrote:

> Looks like something goes wrong in xf86OutputGetEDID, I should step in
> there too I guess.
>
> Attached you can find an output of the small script as shown on the page
> Dan linked to.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas

Ok, it seems your lvds does not have edid (likely to save one extra bucks).
Please give output of avivotool romtables mmap (you need to be root). And
xorg log of fglrx driver. Also you might want to try using avivotool i2c-monitor
(try this by changing value at line 309 & 310 to 0x7e4., 0x7e5. or 0x7e6. to
test on each 3 i2c line).

I will add lvds timing from bios and some code which should be able to figure
out this timing if even bios does not provide them (in such case your in front
of very lame hardware and should not give bucks anymore to its manufacturer).

best,
Jerome Glisse