RandR 1.3 additions?

Meng Tang tang_mengd at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:20:29 PDT 2007

I'm not quiet understand what you are speaking and if it can solve the problem list in this mail. Highly expect 1.3 have this feature.Thanks a lot! Le lundi 04 juin 2007 à 22:52 -0400, Meng Tang a écrit :> Hi All,> > Any could help me to fix a problem of change the resolution of X and > touchscreen?> I have fedora 6 installed, a touchscreen which compatible to> elographics(use > driver elographics_drv.so)> Problem is,> 1. If I start X wiith 640x480, the touchscreen is fine.> 2. If I start X with 800x600, the touchscreen is fine also.> 3. If I change the X resolution by xrandr, from 800x600 to 640x480,> the > resolution of touchsceen don't change. The pointer will leave my> finger a > distance. Distance increase when I move my finger to right and bottom.> 4. I have tried to change the resolution by ctrl - +/-, but the> problem is > same there. yep, this is "normal". You will probably hit the same problem if youwant to rotate your screen. I've tried to get feedback on what to do onthe ml, but it seems the answer is only, do it on client side (ie.script it to do all you need to do to rotate or resize).-- Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug at esiee.fr> > Subject: RandR 1.3 additions?> From: keithp at keithp.com> To: xorg at lists.freedesktop.org> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:32:28 -0700> > So, if you're monitoring the xorg-commit list, you will have seen an> addition to RandR float by. I think we should consider what stuff should> be in a 1.3 version of RandR at this point; we have several good> suggestions:> >      1. DPMS events. This is what Eric added in his randr-dpms branch.>         This adds an event delivered when an output changes DPMS status,>         allowing applications to detect when the screen is blanked for>         any reason.>      2. Per-output DPMS set/get. Right now, DPMS setting is global.>         Allowing applications to set DPMS levels individually for each>         output would provide some useful functionality.>      3. Panning rectangle. RandR 1.2 drops the old built-in panning>         functionality as you rarely want your extended-mode monitors to>         all follow the mouse around the virtual desktop. If we, instead,>         allowed each crtc to automatically pan within a limited>         rectangle, we would be able to use panning again in a way>         consistent with RandR. The Xinerama information provided to>         applications would then mark the set of panning rectangles>         instead of the set of crtc mode rectangles.> > Are there other things we should consider adding to the RandR protocol> at this point?> > -- > keith.packard at intel.com