Intel 965 and Fedora 7

Taiyo Rawle taiyo_rawle at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 10:50:27 PDT 2007

The same happened to my desktop which has also Intel
G965 graphics. The motherboard is an Intel DG965WH
with a standard VGA 19" TFT monitor.

I could not set a 1920*1024 mode. Changing the
configuration resulted in an incorrect mode, sometimes
giving roll and flicker effects. The same happened in
Ubuntu Feisty.

All works fine in Fedora Core 6. IIRC the Intel
drivers in F7 and Feisty use native mode setting while
those in FC6 use BIOS mode setting. Perhaps this has
something to do with this?

> Hi

> I would like to know if there is any way to enable
> bigger virtual fb sizes (like 3000x3000) and not
> loosing DRI and Xv on intel hardware.

> What I want to be able to do is to keep using the
> laptop, and when an external VGA output is attached,
> use the LVDS and the VGA as a xinerama setup
> (right-of, left-of, and so on), but if I add the
> virtual size in xorg.conf, even if I don't use
bigger
> sizes (say, when the VGA output is not connected),
> I can't use DRI and XV.

> Would it ever be possible to do that? Or am I
missing