Intel 965 + Fedora 7

Jeremy L. Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Wed Jul 11 07:20:18 PDT 2007

We recently received something we've never seen before in the laptop
world: a 1920x1200 resolution laptop using the Intel video card. In the
past we've seen upwards of 1600'ish, but never 1920. I've got Fedora 7
installed, using the new intel driver and Xserver 1.3.

My problem is that the display in Linux (which works correctly in
Windows) is very "blurry" or "fuzzy." My first suspicion is that the
resolution isn't actualy 1920x1200, even though the Xserver thinks it
is. However, I can take a screenshot using Gnome and the resultant image
is indeed 1920x1200.

My second suspicion is that the new Xserver (or perhaps just the new
Intel driver) somehow uses what it determines as the proper DPI to
attempt to optimize or adjust the display in some way.

At any rate, if anyone has experienced this or has any additional
information I'll be glad to try any suggestions or provide any data
necessary.

I've attached the Xorg log file as well as the xorg.conf file.