Intel + randr1.2 + virtual fb size

Gustavo Pichorim Boiko boiko at mandriva.com
Wed Jul 11 05:46:51 PDT 2007

Hi

I would like to know if there is any way to enable bigger virtual fb sizes
(like 3000x3000) and not loosing DRI and Xv on intel hardware.

What I want to be able to do is to keep using the laptop, and when an external
VGA output is attached, use the LVDS and the VGA as a xinerama setup
(right-of, left-of, and so on), but if I add the virtual size in xorg.conf,
even if I don't use bigger sizes (say, when the VGA output is not connected),
I can't use DRI and XV.

Would it ever be possible to do that? Or am I missing some config option
allowing this setup?

Thanks in advance
--
Gustavo Pichorim Boiko