Intel 2.0.0 Driver : Override device detection?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:20:37 PDT 2007

On 6/28/07, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 22:58 +0100, Stephen Williams wrote:
> > On 6/27/07, sean <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > FWIW, my Vizio GL42, a 42" LCD has this problem. If not ON,
> > > EDID doesn't see it and I can't specify 1366x768.
> >
> > Which leads back to an earlier comment. Automatic detection is great
> > and is suitable 99% of the time, but couldn't / shouldn't the driver
> > offer some override options.
>
> Yes, the driver provides options that let you completely configure
> things and override any auto-detection. Everything from monitor presence
> to mode lines.

This is getting silly. Just saying "yes, the driver does X" but
ignoring reasonable requests to actually state _how_ isn't too
helpful.

I don't mind if you've made a mistake and the driver can't actually do
what you've claimed, but knowing one way or the other would at least
help to progress the issue.

Steve