triggering xrandr from VGA plug event - intel 965GM

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jul 6 09:37:38 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 09:41 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> Yeah it would be nice to be able to do this. If you run in a DE (Gnome,
> KDE etc) it would be good to get a UI pop up to allow you to run the
> underlying xrandr commands rather than just run the command
> automatically, but I very much subscribe to the idea that this should be
> possible.

There's hardware to make this happen, but it's not being used at
present. My initial guess was that it would require leaving quite a bit
of the display hardware enabled, which would draw a bit of power.
Re-reading that section of the docs, it's not clear. In any case, now
that we have decent power measuring equipment at the office, I'll hook
it all up and see what the power draw looks like.

keith.packard at intel.com