xserver handlers during initialization

vehemens vehemens at verizon.net
Wed Jul 4 02:30:28 PDT 2007

I've narrowed my RADEON AIGLX lockups to a server initialization problem (pre
Dispatch).

During initialization, InitRootWindow and DefineInitialRootWindow cause
drawing events.  The problem is that the Wakeup and Block Handlers are not
being used.  On a DRI system, this results in DRM locking failures.

With DRI and RADEON (RV250) drivers but without AIGLX, the locking failures
will rarely cause lockups.  However when you throw AIGLX into the mix, you
will almost always have system lockups (mine does).

Does anyone have a fix for this problem in work?