Dual Head + radeon driver + mergefb + beryl. DRI problem now.

ArcosCom Linux User linux at arcoscom.com
Mon Jul 2 01:41:45 PDT 2007

I have got installed fglrx and radeon in the system.

If I run "lsmod | grep fglrx", I can see it is loaded, but have no links.

If I add it into blacklist and reestart the system, I can see "radeon"
loaded (lsmod) and 2 links to it, but "direct rendering" is not enabled
yet.

I have disabled the "redhat graphical boot" in grub and X only start when
the system finish all the services loading (because I seen that rhgb
starts X very soon to allow the graphical boot).

I don't know if kernel load the "radeon" or the "fglrx", I know that when
I use an xorg.conf with radeon, radeon driver is used; and when I use a
xorg.conf with fglrx, fglrx driver is use. I know that because the speed
in the graphical interface is very notorious using one or the other.

How do I verify what kernel driver is used? I know that "lsmod | grep
fglrx" say if fglrx driver is loaded, but I don't know what is the radeon
driver to see if is loaded or not. I know how to put fglrx into a
blacklist to disallow modprobe to load it (I don't tried it yet, because I
don't know if I need to put fglrx there or not). But apperas that adding
fglrx into blacklist, radeon kernel driver loads fine.

Thanks