XKB and the Dutch

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:40:27 PST 2007

On 01/30/2007 02:29 PM, Tim Dijkstra wrote:

[ XkbLayout "us" + XkbOptions "lv3:ralt_switch,eurosign:e" ]

>> The warning, here, is:
>>
>> ===
>> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
>>  > Warning:    Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>>  > Ignoring extra symbols
>> Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
>
> Yes, I also get that error. It works nonetheless.

It does. That "ignoring extra symbols" error is not good though. Who do
I need to talk to for XKB stuff?

Given the Dutch situation, my preffered option would be to to simply add
the EuroSign to AltGr-e/5 on the us layout. Haven't a clue if you guys
are working off standards which would forbid something like that though.

Any solution (that would involve "intl" nor deadkeys) is fine...

Rene.