XKB and the Dutch

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 04:54:04 PST 2007

On 01/30/2007 12:27 PM, Tim Dijkstra wrote:

>>> If you add one extra line here, namely:
>>>
>>> 	Option	"XkbOptions" "eurosign:e"
>>>
>>> You'll get what you. "eurosign:5" also works.
>>
>> Does not work at all. To make the EuroSign work with that I need to
>> also >> add a "lv3:ralt_switch" as already mentioned.
>
> Uhm, yes that is right. Forgot that...
>
>> As also already said, this then makes kbdcomp emit a warning at startup
>> which I can only get rid of by specifying KkbSymbols manually.
>>
>> I'm using X.org 6.9.0. Are things different in 7?
>
> Yes. I think so. I don't get any errors in my logs.

Could you (or anyone else) check? The xkbcomp error is not in the X log,
but on the console from where I type "startx". If you start X through a
display manager I suppose it would end up on something like a system
console.

The warning, here, is:

===
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
 > Warning:    Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
 > Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
===

Rene.