not responding

Mughilan Ramajayam mughirp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 19:18:45 PST 2007

Hi,

Am not sure if this is the right place to discuss my issue, as it would be ambiguous.

I have cross-compiled XWindows 7.1 for my target system, which is equipped with insufficient memory. I have to mount through nfs and run XWindows. But whenever I run 'startx' or 'X' or 'xinit', after few seconds I get the following error message:
"nfs: server 192.47.224.198 not responding, still trying"

I tried googling, but unable to find a solution w.r.t XWindows through nfs mount.

I would be greatful for any help or guidance.

Thanks in advance,
Mughilan