nv problems on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE for AMD64

Chris Radlinski radlinskic at acm.org
Thu Jan 25 07:48:51 PST 2007

I experimented with some of the "XaaNo*" options.  XaaNoSolidHorVertLine
+ XaaNoPixmapCache + XaaNoOffScreenPixmaps still gave me lockups.
XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy worked but screen redraws were achingly slow.
So far, "Option 'ShadowFB'" offers me the best compromise between
performance and stability.

My card is a PCI Express x16 Biostar V6202EL16 GeForce 6200 LE.  Are
there any nVidia-based PCI Express x16 cards out there that work
perfectly with the "nv" driver?

Chris