VIA driver cannot work properly in 1280x1024 at 24 mode

Thomas Hellström thomas at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Jan 24 23:43:07 PST 2007

Gregory Smirnov wrote:

>Hello.
>
>Tested on system with CLE266 chipset. Applications that can draw on whole
>screen, eg. web browser, cannot be rendered properly. Resulting picture is
>different, but mostly white areas instead of widgets and window decorations.
>However widgets will be redrawn properly on mouse over event.  Please note
>that this is for full screen applications on big resolution and 24bbp. If
>same application is resized to use approximately 800x600 it is rendered
>properly. Some times I noticed that area of (lets call it main screen) about
>1024x768 (aligned top-left) is duplicated on right and bottom sides of whole
>screen.
>
>WXXOO
>XXXWO
>XXXOO
>oWooo
>
>When I start same system with resolution 1280x1024 at 16bbp - everything
>renders properly. It looks like some memory management problem in the driver.
>(ver. 0.2.1)
>
>Kind regards,

There are some memory management problem with the xorg VIA driver
together with EXA. What acceleration architecture are you using?

I intend to update the xorg via driver thoroughly in the not too distant
future.
Meanwhile you can check out the development trees at either

http://www.openchrome.org (If you need EXA w render accel,  Accelerated
mpeg2)
http://unichrome.sourceforge.net (If you don't)

/Thomas