Update on final 7.2 release ?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Thu Jan 18 06:58:46 PST 2007

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
>> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 10:29, Allen R. Lorenz wrote:
>>> I note wiki still show Dec 11 as the final release date for 7.2, and
>>>
>>> Daniel Stone link to a page that showed problems holding up the release
>>> (NOTE did not find a link from the main wiki), show final pass through
>>> since just before Christmas....
>>>
>>> so where are we now ?
>> Need to apply a few final fixes to the server, and figure out the doc build.
>> That's about it.
>
> Is this still comming along? It's been a while since the RC3 and the
> expected date is now long past (> 1month) and there doesn't seem to be
> much in way of commits etc. to the server-1.2 branch.
>
> Is there something else causing a hold up?

This week, linux.conf.au, which is distracting the people working on the
release and putting them thousands of miles away from where they were working
on it.   I wouldn't expect much until it's done and they've had a chance to
return home.

If nothing else, Stuart has volunteered to lock people in a room if necessary
at the XDevConf next month and supply coffee and food until a release comes
out.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com