nv problems on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE for AMD64

Chris Radlinski radlinskic at acm.org
Wed Jan 17 20:43:39 PST 2007

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to get a stack trace.  The call to NVSync() that locks the
system comes from somewhere in libxaa.so.  The particular function
varies but it's always from XAA.  I'm willing to do whatever I can to
help fix this bug.  I can reliably reproduce it; I just don't know how
to fix it.

I do have a workaround.  If I set "Options ShadowFB" in xorg.conf, I can
run the nv driver at reasonable speeds and without problems.  I don't
know what I'm giving up by doing that but it seems to work OK.

Please let me know what I can do to help fix this.

Chris