Building XOrg-6.9.0 - FreeType Error

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Jan 17 09:44:04 PST 2007

Antoine Arlaud escreveu:
> Hello,

Hello!

> i'm currently trying to build XOrg-6.9.0 from XOrg source, but an
> error occurs because
> of FreeType.
>
> I checked some mailing-lists, and found a patch :
> http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/patches/fontconfig-2.3.2-noftinternals.patch
>

> However, I don't know how to use it and it doesn't seem to be adapted
> for XOrg-6.9.0 tree.
>
> Did anyone had/solved this problem ?
> Do you have any solution ?

Is there any good reason to build Xorg 6.9 source tree instead the most
recent 7.1? The 6.9 is the monolithic tree and is slowly being
deprecated. The 7.1 is under the new modular order. Try to follow the
[1] modular developers guide to build this one.

> Thank you.
> Best Regards,
>
> Antoine ARLAUD

thanks!

[1] http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre