G986, i810 modesetting branch and sil164 S-DVO woes

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri Jan 12 12:54:31 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 21:49 +0100, Johannes Truschnigg wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I've been running a 22inch widescreen tft with a resolution of 1680x1050px via
> an analog signal for the last week, and although GLX and xv proved not to
> work, I've been quite fine with my setup. Just a few minutes ago, I finally
> installed my S-DVO card from Silicon Image, and DVI-D is working fine -
> except for in X (Release 7.1.1 (Gentoo), i810 from git, Kernel 2.6.20-rc4 on
> x86_64, if that matters), where xrandr states it would be running 1680x1050,
> whilst the monitor itself reports 1736x1050px and displays a distorted image.
>
> Any ideas why this is, and how I can work around it?
>
> X's log is to be found at http://gnulords.org/~colo/tmp/Xorg.0.log
> My config file at http://gnulords.org/~colo/tmp/xorg.conf
>
> Any help/input is greatly appreciated! I'd also be glad to get xv or GLX
> working again (the latter used to with vanilla i810 drivers from Xorg, xv
> never worked for me up until now). Thanks in advance for your time and
> efforts!

This is the second report of this exact issue (sdvo to 1680x1050 panel
shows up as 1736x1050 and displays distorted).    Filing a bug in
bugzilla is always a good idea for this kind of issue so we don't lose
track of it in our inboxes.  My hope is we're just stuffing some bits in
the wrong place when setting up the mode timings in SDVO.  I haven't had
a chance to take a look at it in more depth, though.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com