MergedFB + 9600 Problem

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Thu Jan 11 01:01:00 PST 2007

no.lan at laposte.net wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am getting dumb with my xorg.conf. Dual head is working well with
> mergedfb option. X starts, and i can do everything except using Firefox
> and rdesktop. When i use firefox or rdesktop all the computer hang, and
> i need to reset. When i switch to simple head monitor, everything is
> working well. Si i hope i will find some help about this problem.

Are you sure your computer completely hangs ? The next time it happens,
first hit the 'Num Lock' key and see if its led gets updated or no. If
it gets updated, the computer is problably not hung.

Either it's just the X server that crashed and for some reason didn't
manage to restore the text mode correctly, or it crashed the OS and
dumped you into the ddb kernel debugger.

Try to blindly type Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch back to the text console and
then either type 'startx' to try to restart the X server, or 'boot sync'
to reboot your machine from ddb.

If any of those work, look at the /var/log/Xorg.0.log and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.old files for error or crash indications.

--
Matthieu Herrb