XDevConf Sponsorship

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Jan 10 19:47:16 PST 2007

Hi all,
The X Developers' Conference[0] in the sunny Bay Area, California, will
soon be upon us.  We'll be running from the 7th-9th February, in Menlo
Park.  We'd love to see as many people from the X and related
communities (IHVs, desktops, distributions) there as possible.  We'll be
running a mixed bag of talks, freestyle hothouse-like hacking, and of
course the usual array of corridor schmoozing, dinners, and after-school
activities.

If you are coming, please register your interest on the wiki page, so we
can get a good feel for numbers.  Remember that attendance is absolutely
free!  However, we realise that not everyone lives in the Bay Area, and
can afford to make it over there.  To this end, we are offering funding
for travel and accommodation to any X developers who would like to
attend, but couldn't otherwise afford to come.

If this interests you, please email xdc-sponsorship at x.org ASAP, and let
us know where you live, and give us a rough estimation of your travel
costs to get to the Bay Area.  We'd love to see as many developers here
as possible, so if you would like to make it but aren't currently able
to, please drop us a line, and we'll see if we can bring you over.

Looking forward to seeing you in California!
Daniel, on behalf of the board

[0]: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Xorg_Developer%27s_Conference