Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 8 11:45:55 PST 2007

Otto Solares wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:48:21PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Well my Mesa now uses fno-strict-aliasing too as a build flag but it
>> does not appear to work. Same symptoms as before. Any more ideas?
>
> I had exactly the same problem many months ago when Debian Sid
> doesn't have a recent libdrm and mesa to run beryl in r200 hw
> with the open source driver.
>
> If I remember correctly the problem lies in differences between
> GLX code in the X server and in the client (libGL).
>
> You should rebuild libdrm, glproto, mesa, X server (correctly
> pointing the X server to the mesa source) taking in consideration
> the PKG_CONFIG_PATH when building and adding your libdrm and libGL
> path to /etc/ld.so.conf.

I'm doing all my builds as RPMs so I know there is only ever one version
there at a time.

I don't think my libdrm needs updating (2.3.0) and I'm pretty sure that
everything was built in the correct order.

I'm using glproto 1.4.7 but have also tried 1.4.8 (heard it's buggy tho'?)

> Too take a look to Debian's X server sources as they have some
> AIGLX patches plus other goodies.  Now Debian's X is beryl
> capable so I don't run from compiled sources and time have
> passed since I have that white cube. HTH.

I've got the standard AIGLX patches too which have been linked several
times in this thread.

I'm rebuilding mesa and xserver from git, but as other users have
reported that it is still broken I'm not holding out much/any hope!

Thanks for posting tho' :)

Col