Single Board Computer for HD XVideo?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Jan 5 10:47:55 PST 2007

On Jan 03, 07 10:17:29 +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> i want to be ABLE to do this:
>
> http://www.rasterman.com/files/rage_05.jpg
> http://www.rasterman.com/files/emotion-01.jpg
> http://www.rasterman.com/files/e17-25.jpg
> http://www.rasterman.com/files/e17-24.jpg
> http://www.rasterman.com/files/e17-28.jpg
>
> i want my video just a normal drawable i can use - but it just happens to be in
> yuv colorspace. color keys do not let me arbitrarily layer, "paste", blend,
> overlay, etc. multiple yuv pixel sources. they let me either 1. boolean select
> video or no video (traditionally), and in some slightly more advanced hardware
> i might be able to provide an alpha mask plane for the 1 video overlay that
> exists (and then no colorkey) with the fb contents blended by a certain amount
> based on mask alpha value.

I love to say that:
That's exactly what the XV extension of Xgl can *already* do. :-)

So let's all move to Xgl and everything's set ;)

<!--
Don't tell me about the issues here, I know them.
-->

> 2. use gl + fragment shader

The way to go.

> of the above - the gl solution always works - perfectly - as long as my card
> supports glsl and non-power-of-2 textures (the 5500fx works but at continental
> drift speeds with nv_rectangle textures). considering the cards you need are

We did have issues with the GeForce 5xxx series as well. I don't know
why yet, but we're hitting a slow path there (maybe even software
emulation - shudder).

You might want to check out the updated mplayer gl output driver, it has
several different algorithms, of which the one with 3D textures doesn't
even need fragment shaders. I wanted to include these ideas in Xgl and
xine for quite some time already, but didn't found enough time.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de