xf86-input-keyboard autogen failure

Ted X Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:12:57 PST 2007

I'm trying to do a modular build from the git tree but the keyboard
driver fails during autogen.sh.

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking if RANDR is defined... yes
checking if XINPUT is defined... yes
checking if XKB is defined... yes
checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server
 >= 1.2.99.0 xproto  randrproto inputproto kbproto) were not met:

Requested 'xorg-server >= 1.2.99.0' but version of xorg-server is 1.1.1

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I'm trying to build the server so I don't have a >= 1.2.99.0 version
installed this seems like a chicken and egg problem. Any ideas on how to
deal with this issue?

Ted