i810 hangups after playing with dual monitors...

Emilio Scalise emisca.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 02:20:15 PST 2007

I've noticed that X crashes after restarting the X server two or more
times saying "unknown reason for exception" when I play with dual head
settings.
I've reproduced this successfully on an 945gm based notebook and an
i915 based notebook using i810 version 1.7.2 from debian etch, 1.6.5
from ubuntu edgy, and 1.6.5 from fedora core 6. Steps to reproduce it
are:
- set a dual head config (using multiple screens, not mergedfb)
- close the X server
- change the configuration, for example disable the second screen.
- you will get the error...
or
- set a dual head config
- restart some times the server

I've attached the Xorg log using Ubuntu Edgy and 1.7.2 driver.

Thanks for the attention...
Emilio Scalise